ELA 8 Weekly Report (10/3 – 7/ 2016)
Hello Adams Family,
Here’s the information you need to know for my class this week!
ELA 8 (Periods 1 and 3)
We’ll be reading The Tell-Tale Heart in class this week! Below is what you need to know:
- Complete a Frayer Chart for each of the following words, due 10/4: Conceive, Vex, stifle, derision, audacity
- We’ll be taking notes on Suspense and Foreshadowing on Monday, 10/3.
- There is a mandatory Plato Quiz covering Suspense. It is due no later than 10/7.
- After reading, we’ll be charting suspense and foreshadowing in a film. The chart will be due on Friday, 10/7.
- You will also need to complete one iReady Lesson by Friday, 10/7.
- Test on The Tell-Tale Heart on Friday, 10/7.
Eng I (Period 5)
This week we continue our discussions on topics within The Lord of the Flies. Below is what you need to know.
- We will be discussing Leadership this week.
- We’ll need to complete a Frayer Chart for the following words, due 10/4: ebullience, recrimination, tumult, inscrutable, vicissitudes, tacit
- Your personal copy of The Lord of the Flies is required every day in class! We refer to the text every day.
- While reading, we’ll be identifying symbols and motifs. The corresponding chart will be due at the end of the novel, so don’t lose it!!!
- Test on Chapter 2-3 happening Monday, 10/10. You are responsible for reading the chapters independently this week, as well as annotating your text. Remember, those annotations are worth 50% of your test grade!
And that’s the news! Stay classy, Adams.